1. How large are IPv4 addresses?
2. Refer to the graphic. A user at the workstation cannot connect to the server. All cables have been tested and are working and all devices have IP addressing. However, the user cannot ping the server. What is causing the problem?
The router interface does not have a default gateway.
The switch does not have an IP address and default gateway.
The workstation and server are on different logical networks.
The workstation does not know the MAC address of the switch.
3. Which part of an IP address identifies a specific device on a network?
first two octets
third and fourth octets
only the fourth octet
4. Given a host with the IP address 188.8.131.52 and a default subnet mask, to which network does the host belong?
5. Which default subnet mask provides the most host bits?
6. How many bits are available for Class B host IP addresses using a default subnet mask?
7. How many usable hosts are available given a Class C IP address with the default subnet mask?
8. Assuming a default mask, which portion of the IP address 184.108.40.206 represents the host?
9. Which of the following are private IP addresses? (Choose three.)
10. What destination IP address is used in a unicast packet?
a specific host
a group of host
the default gateway
the network broadcast address
11. What is the destination MAC address in a multicast Ethernet frame?
the MAC address of the sending host
the MAC address of the destination hos
an address that begins with 01-00-5E in hexadecimal
a 48-bit hexadecimal address expressed as FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF
12. Yvonne is talking to her friend on the phone. What type of message is this?
13. What information must be included within a unicast message for it to be delivered on an Ethernet network?
MAC and IP addresses for the default router
IP address and subnet mask of the default gateway
MAC and IP addresses that correspond to a destination group
MAC and IP addresses that correspond to a specific destination host
14. A PC obtains its IP address from a DHCP server. If the PC is taken off the network for repair, what happens to the IP address configuration?
The configuration is permanent and nothing changes.
The address lease is automatically renewed until the PC is returned.
The address is returned to the pool for reuse when the lease expires.
The configuration is held by the server to be reissued when the PC is returned.
15. Which type of server dynamically assigns an IP address to a host?
16. Which three statements describe a DHCP Discover message? (Choose three.)
The source MAC address is 48 ones (FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF).
The destination IP address is 255.255.255.255.
The message comes from a server offering an IP address.
The message comes from a client seeking an IP address.
All hosts receive the message, but only a DHCP server replies.
Only the DHCP server receives the message.
17. Refer to the graphic. A host connects to a Linksys integrated router that is also a DHCP server and receives an IP address from it. Which address does the host need to access the ISP and the Internet?
IP address of the destination host
public gateway IP address of the ISP
external IP address of the integrated router that connects to the ISP
internal IP address of the integrated router that connects to the local network
18. Which statement is true concerning private IP addresses?
ensures that two networks separated by the Internet use unique IP network numbers
allows internal hosts to communicate with servers across the Internet
solves the issue of a finite number of available public IP addresses
allows for ISPs to be able to quickly determine network location
19. What is one of the purposes of NAT?
filters network traffic based on IP address ranges
prevents external users from detecting the IP addresses used on a network
inspects traffic that might be harmful or used in an attack against the network
translates IP addresses into easy-to-remember domain names
20. Which two statements describe packets that are sent through a Linksys integrated router using NAT? (Choose two.)
Packets that are sent to any destination need to be translated.
Packets that are sent to hosts on the same network need to be translated.
Packets that are sent to a destination outside the local network need to be translated.
Packets that are sent to a destination outside a local network do not need to be translated.
Packets that are sent between hosts on the same local network do not need to be translated.
21. Refer to the graphic. NAT and DHCP are installed on the Linksys integrated router. Which IP address is most likely to be assigned to the local computer, Host1?