1. What can be found at the enterprise edge?
Internet, VPN, and WAN modules
Internet, PSTN, and WAN services
server farms and network management
campus infrastructure, including access layer devices
2. In which functional area of the Cisco Enterprise Architecture should IDS and IPS be located to detect and prevent services from accessing hosts?
Service Provider Edge
3. A business consultant must use Internet websites to research a report on the e-business strategies of several firms and then electronically deliver the report to a group of clients in cities throughout the world. Which two teleworker tools can the consultant use to accomplish this project? (Choose two.)
4. Which two measures help ensure that a hardware problem does not cause an outage in an enterprise LAN that supports mission critical services? (Choose two.)
providing failover capability
installing redundant power supplies
purchasing more bandwidth from the ISP
implementing broadcast containment with VLANs
installing routers that can handle a greater amount of throughput
5. Which task would typically only require services located at the access layer of the hierarchical design model?
connecting to the corporate web server to update sales figures
using a VPN from home to send data to the main office servers
printing a meeting agenda on a local departmental network printer
placing a VoIP call to a business associate in another country
responding to an e-mail from a co-worker in another department
6. How does a VPN work to support remote user productivity?
It uses SSL to encrypt remote user logins to the corporate intranet.
It uses secure Telnet for remote user connections to internal network devices.
It creates a virtual circuit that allows real-time communications between any two Internet endpoints.
It uses encapsulation to create a secure tunnel for transmission of data across non-secure networks.
7. A remote user needs to access a networking device on the internal network of the company. The transactions between the remote user and the device must be secure. Which protocol enables this to happen securely?
8. What does VoIP provide to telecommuters?
high-quality, live-video presentations
real-time voice communications over the Internet
ability to share desktop applications simultaneously
secure, encrypted data transmissions through the Internet
9. Which functional component of the Cisco Enterprise Architecture is responsible for hosting internal servers?
service provider edge
1.0 What is the purpose of the Cisco Enterprise Architecture?
remove the three-layer hierarchical model and use a flat network approach
divide the network into functional components while still maintaining the concept of Core, Distribution, and Access Layers
provide services and functionality to the core layer by grouping various components into a single
component located in the access layer
reduce overall network traffic by grouping server farms, the management server, corporate intranet, and e-commerce routers in the same layer
11. Which two solutions would an enterprise IT department use to facilitate secure intranet access for remote workers? (Choose two.)
client firewall software
12. Which statement describes the difference between an enterprise WAN and an enterprise extranet?
An enterprise WAN is designed to interconnect local LANs, while an enterprise extranet is designed to interconnect remote branch offices.
An enterprise WAN is designed to interconnect branch offices, while an enterprise extranet is designed to give access to external business partners.
An enterprise WAN is designed to provide remote access for its teleworkers, while an enterprise extranet is designed to provide Internet connectivity for the enterprise.
An enterprise WAN is designed to provide Internet connectivity for the enterprise, while an enterprise extranet is designed to provide remote access to the enterprise network for teleworkers.
13. Why would a network administrator want to limit the size of failure domains when designing a network?
reduces the effect of Ethernet collisions
reduces the impact of a key device or service failure
reduces the impact of Internet congestion on critical traffic
reduces the impact of blocking broadcast packets at the edge of the local network
14. What is the main purpose of the Access Layer in a hierarchically designed network?
performs routing and packet manipulation
supplies redundancy and failover protection
provides a high-speed, low-latency backbone
serves as a network connection point for end-user devices
15 Which three functions are performed at the Distribution Layer of the hierarchical network model? (Choose three.)
forwards traffic that is destined for other networks
isolates network problems to prevent them from affecting the Core Layer
allows end users to access the local network
provides a connection point for separate local networks
transports large amounts of data between different geographic sites
forwards traffic to other hosts on the same logical network
16. What is a benefit of having an extranet?
It provides web-like access to company information for employees only.
It limits access to corporate information to secure VPN or remote access connections only.
It allows customers and partners to access company information by connecting to a public web server. It allows suppliers and contractors to access confidential internal information using controlled external connections.
17. What are two important characteristics or functions of devices at the Enterprise Edge? (Choose two.)
providing Internet, telephone, and WAN services to the enterprise network
providing a connection point for end-user devices to the enterprise network
providing high-speed backbone connectivity with redundant connections
providing intrusion detection and intrusion prevention to protect the network against malicious activity
providing packet inspection to determine if incoming packets should be allowed on the enterprise network
18. Why is TCP the preferred Layer 4 protocol for transmitting data files?
TCP is more reliable than UDP because it requires lost packets to be retransmitted.
TCP requires less processing by the source and destination hosts than UDP.
UDP introduces delays that degrade the quality of the data applications.
TCP ensures fast delivery because it does not require sequencing or acknowlegements.
19. The ABC Corporation implements the network for its new headquarters using the Cisco Enterprise Architecture. The network administrator wants to filter the traffic from and to the outside world. Where should the administrator deploy a firewall device?
service provider edge
20. Which two statements are reasons why UDP is used for voice and video traffic instead of TCP?(Choose two.)
TCP requires all data packets to be delivered for the data to be usable.
The acknowledgment process of TCP introduces delays that break the streams of data.
UDP does not have mechanisms for retransmitting lost packets.
UDP tolerates delays and compensates for them.
TCP is a connectionless protocol that provides end-to-end reliability.
UDP is a connection-oriented protocol that provides end-to-end reliability